What information we collect
When you visit our Website(s) or App(s)
- We collect information which may include IP addresses, browser version, screen resolution, device type, available bandwidth, internet service provider (ISP), time on page, referring/exit pages, files viewed on the website, operating system, date/time stamp, interactions with player and/or clickstream data. For more information on how we collect this information, see the cookie section below.
- When you contact Screen9, we collect information you provide such as your name, email address and telephone number in order to facilitate further contact with you.
- When you sign up for newsletters, we collect information you provide such as your name and contact information. When receiving newsletters, we may track opening rates, visits to the Website etc.
When you use our Services
- We collect device and browser fingerprints to enhance the user experience.
- When using the chat service in the Service, where end-users provide name and/or email addresses, we collect names and/or email addresses and IP-addresses for moderation and to detect and prevent unlawful behaviour.
- When users are registering for the Service and setting up accounts for access and support, we collect account information such as log-in etc.
- When receiving newsletters/product information, we may track users’ opening rate, visits to the Website etc.
- When you use a social media feature within our Website or Apps, and you post to social media platforms, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
- When you access your account using a Single Sign-On provider, the Single Sign-On provider will provide us some information about you.
How we collect personal data
- Through your internet browser. Certain information is collected by most websites, such as your IP address, screen resolution, operating system type and version, Internet browser type and version, time of the visit and the page(s) visited. We use this information for purposes such as calculating usage levels, presenting You with relevant usage statistics, helping diagnose server problems, and administration.
- By aggregating information. We may aggregate and use certain information.
Who we share personal data with
- Our third-party service providers, i.e. data processors, such as cloud computing providers which provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built.
- Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law.
- Any successor to all or part of our business.
- Data provided by a customer’s users of the Service, and usage statistics from use of the customer’s content within the Services, are shared with that specific customer (and only with that specific customer).
Personal data are stored only until the purpose has been met for which they were shared with Screen9. We may retain personal data for longer periods if the customer consents or of required by law.
Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on your computer, which allow us to recognize your computer and to collect information such as Internet browser type, time spent on a site, pages visited and language preferences.
The Site uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the site. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use persistent cookies to help remember use preferences, collect usage statistics and improve the user experience. Cookies, which we may use, could also be grouped into the following categories (and may include persistent or session cookies depending on the context):
- Analytics/Performance cookies that collect information about how you use our site. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of unique users visiting the site (and site features) and to see how users move around our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analysis services. These cookies may be either persistent or session cookies.
- Functionality cookies that remember choices you make and recognise you when you return. These cookies enable us to personalise our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). These cookies are generally persistent cookies.
- Local storage cookies that remember player preferences the next time a player is loaded.
- Ad Functionality, targeting and retargeting cookies are sometimes placed by third-party advertising networks for the purposes of advertising. The player may call such third party advertising networks if advertising is enabled by the licensee.
It is possible to adjust your web browser preferences to alert you when a cookie is deployed your computer, to block cookies altogether or to activate or later de-activate cookies once deployed to your computer. You make these changes in the browser settings which may vary between various browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Use of Information
We use personal data for the following reasons:
- To perform our commitments and contractual obligations to our customers and users.
- To send customers and users emails regarding updates etc.
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour.
- To improve the Service.
We do not share information between the various Services and company departments. We will not use the personal data users provide for any other purposes than what was communicated when users provided their data and to which they gave their consent.
We have security measures in place to protect your information. We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes set forth in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes. You have the right to object to our processing of your data, to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use, to request a copy of the information we hold about you, to rectify information you have given us, and to contest any automated decision we make about you.
Third Party Websites